We are pleased to launch the first 2021 virtual CAPEES student e-poster competition on July 17, 2021 from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm (EST). The competition is open to all individuals who are full-time students and postdoc at the time of submission for work recently performed while enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or doctoral degree program in environmental engineering and science. The event is free to CAPEES members. This event also features potential activities of job recruitment from industries and universities. We will simulate the realistic scenes of modern conferences and poster presentations using the Gather Town platform.
The deadline to submit an abstract, poster and registration as faculty judge and/or specific poster session organizer is June 30, 2021 at 5 pm (EST).
- The event registrat ion portal: Rigistration link.
- If you cannot visit the above website, you can also register this event by scanning the above QR code.
This virtual event will follow the agenda as show below:
- 9:30 am-9:45 am: CAPEES introductory remarks and CAPEES award ceremony for FY 2020 and 2021
- 9:45 am-12:30 pm: Participants gather.town are joining their specific sessions and present/judge/view the posters.
- 12:30 pm-2:30 pm: Judge return their evaluation results to the session organizers and CAPEES officers in charge and by 3 pm the poster winners will be announced on the CAPEES website and Wechat.
Please follow the guidelines below:
- Presenters are encouraged to prepare illustrative posters to exhibit their research to a general audience. Please ensure the permission of your adviser for the presented content. The goal of this presentation is to properly convey your research to those who are not familiar with your work or field but still be able to convince that your research is impactful. Therefore, this event aims to develop concise and effective communication skills as summarized below:
- Teach students to be concise and persuasive
- Stress importance of oral communication and public speaking
- Stimulate students to think about the bigger picture and application areas
- Stimulate good performance under pressures
- Stimulate a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship
- Poster is presented via images that you will upload when you fill the online application with the following requirements: (1) .jpg or .png format are the only file types that may be used; (2) Poster dimensions: 36" wide by 48" height (3'x4' vertical orientation); (3) Maximum file size is 5 MB; and (4) No transparent background.
- There could be multiple concurrent sessions with different research areas or focuses. In the registration form, CAPEES is soliciting session chairs or organizers to moderate their proposed poster sessions. Faculty participants are encouraged to contribute as judge for those posters within your interests or technical expertise. The judging criteria and scoring sheets will be sent electronically to the registered faculty judge.
- CAPEES will provide a significant number of poster awards, and each winner will get a recognition certificate and a cash award. Winners will have their names and e-posters, videos or figures posted on the CAPEES’s website upon agreement from the faculty PI.
- Sponsorship opportunities are available. If you or your organization hope to be included as sponsors with university/company logos, institution activities, or product information to be embedded in the event materials, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.