2018 CAPEES/Nanova Faculty Awards
Chinese-American Professors in Environmental Engineering and Science (CAPEES) is calling for nominations for three faculty awards*.
CAPEES/Nanova Young Investigator Award. This award is given annually to recognize an outstanding junior professor in environmental science and engineering. Nominees must be untenured faculty members in tenure-track or equivalent positions.
CAPEES/Nanova Frontier Research Award. This award is given annually to recognize up to two outstanding professors in environmental science and engineering, who have achieved recognized research leadership and pioneered an innovative research area.
CAPEES/Nanova Lifetime Achievement Award. This award is given annually to recognize a senior professor in environmental science and engineering, who has contributed significantly to the community through outstanding research and services.
- Both nominators and nominees must have valid CAPEES memberships at the time of nomination.
- For the Young Investigator Award, nominees from previous entries can be re-nominated, as long as the nominees still meet the eligibility requirement. The nominators may submit updated materials before the deadline.
- For the Frontier Research and Lifetime Achievement Awards, nominees from previous entries can be re-nominated. The nominators may submit updated materials before the deadline.
- Members of the CAPEES Award Committee cannot nominate or be nominated for the awards during the period of service.
- The recipients of the 2018 awards must be willing to serve on the CAPEES Award Committee next year.
- The nomination deadline for the three awards is 5:00 pm EST April 13, 2018. All nomination materials need to be submitted as a single PDF file via email to Dr. Xu Li (email@example.com).
- Nomination packages should include (1) a nomination letter from the nominator and (2) the full curriculum vitae of the nominee
- The recipient of each award will receive a plaque and a cash prize of $500.
The Awards Committee looks forward to receiving your nominations.
* The awards were made possible by a generous donation from Nanova, Inc. CAPEES welcomes donations from other sponsors and may negotiate the naming right of the awards. The award selection process is independent of the sponsor(s).